Customizable Online Check-in requirements
As many guests utilize online check-in before arrival, it is currently designed to ask for only legally required details as part of the form. Many properties, however, would prefer to collect specific pieces of data that may not be included as part of that legal obligation. For this reason, implementing optional or customizable fields for online check-in would help properties to prioritize the data that is valuable to them.
Currently the online check-in form collects First name, Last name, email & address.
Our business needs to collect Salutation/Title, Gender, Date of Birth, Phone number, nationality for each person.
The 'Online check-in' process should save the customer time, however having to provide the rest of their details on arrival doesn't save them any time.
It would be good to be able to define by property what fields are presented to the guests in the check-in.
Peggy Picano-Nacci commented
- Replace 'Nationality' with 'Country of Residence' on the Distributor interface, as a guest's country of residence is more meaningful than their nationality, especially given the current travel restrictions in place. Or, have both fields in Distributor settings but give the hotel the option to choose which one to use on the interface
- Give an option to the hotel to make that field compulsory on Distributor
- Add 'Country of Residence' in the Marketing section of the Managers Analytics: for the same reason than mentioned in the first point, as in today's world, you don't always live in the country you're from!
Peggy Picano-Nacci commented
It would be great to:
- separate the card verification process from the online check-in process. As it stands, for Commander bookings, the automatic settlement is not triggered unless the client verifies the card details and the only location they can do so is on Navigator, via the 'Add your info' button on the Confirmation email (which is not on the Booker confirmation email, an issue for bookings made via travel agents, which we receive a few of). In doing so, clients are told they are checked-in, which confuses or deters them as they then think they're not able to cancel anymore (which is of course not the case). So a rewording would be helpful or, as suggested here, more options for the hotels to choose from, make mandatory if required, etc.
- give hotels more options to show their privacy and hotel policies check-box (e.g. add a box if required, etc.)
- give hotels the ability to customise the branding Navigator
Cyprien BOCHER commented
During the online check-in, it could be great if we can:
1) Scan the IDs
2) Ask for estimated arrival time
3) Ask the reason of the stay
4) Add a check box for house rules
5) Sign registration forms digitally
6) Remove Mews from the web link address (Guests do not know mews...)
7) Configure the sending rules
Robert Smit commented
During the online check-in, it would be great to verify the estimated arrival time of the guest. This way it would populate the time in the guest reservation and the front office and housekeeping team could prioritize check-in and room cleaning based upon the guest arrival time. In Mews, the Arrival can be sorted so that Guests arriving earlier do show up. However, currently all the times default to the properties arrivals time unless the guest provides this information during the reservation process. Why prepare and clean a room at 10 am if the guest has told us they would be arriving at 8pm. Makes the team more productive. Also, this could be used to upsell Early Arrival for a fee (product) if the properties has this feature.
Ryan Pangilinan commented
We cater to a lot of groups with send bill arrangements thus the guests are reluctant to give their credit card details during online check-in since they are not the ones paying for their stay. Removing the need to enter credit card details will certainly improve the % of guests checking in online.
Vendula Batkova commented
option to have a mandatory field in Distributor for Country of residence (same as we have now for phone).
Tomáš Antol commented
We had a feedback when the guest did not proceed with an online check-in, because he already paid for everything upfront through booking.com and didn't want to share his card details. This might be one of a kind thing, or it could lead to a situation when we would consider customizing the requirements. However having that option would be surely nice.
Being able to customize the online and kiosk check in process to include ID/Passport is ideal for us but not part of a legal obligation so currently its unavailable.
Daniel Vondráček commented
I couldn't find to add it on the reg.form, in Mews the possibility I can see, but not on the form. Am I right that it is still not possible to be visible for guests writting on the printed form?
Tom Keller commented
I would like to add the little text box mentioning 'no smoking', 'deposit', etc. to the online check in registration card as well, so it's very clear for the guest what they sign for. It's kind of a highlighted information box, apart from the T&C.
Anna Adamczyk commented
In the Canary Islands registering all the adult guests is mandatory and we need passport/ID details of all of them. Therefore during the check in online it for us it is indispensable so that all adult guests give their passport details. For now Mews collects only email of the companion guest, and then he/she may log in and give more of the details which is time consuming and most of our guests do not do it or forget to do it. Bothering guests with phone calls or emails to fill up all the date is also time consuming for us especially that I do not see a template message that could help us with that. If automatization and saving time is our objective, it is necessary to have one check-in online for all adult guests that can be filled up by the titular of the reservation (just like in Ryanair for example). In our previous PMS Avantio we could choose the fields and data which we wanted to appear on the check-in online form. This solution was giving a lot of flexibility for every company depending on the region they were offering their business.
E-mail address is required for every guest in the same room. What about children who don't have an e-mail address yet?
Benoit Thewys commented
It would be so great !! Adding the licence plate to the online Check-In would be lovely 'cause it would save us almost 60 seconds per check-in. It takes a lot of time at check-in because people never remember their number. Please help us smooth the check-in process.
Svenja Heer commented
I understand, that it doesn't make much sense during online c/i, as not every guest arrives by car, but we should be able to add the field to the physical registration card at least.
keishiro ikenaga commented
That's a good idea. It 'll be better if we could customize the questions ourselves.
Graham Hadaway commented
this needs to be added to online check in form and assigned by guest
Charmaine Lee commented
When guests do the online check-in, we need it to be compulsory for them to fill in their ID details too. At the moment in the region where we are living, apparently it's not possible to do because it's not a legal requirement. But for us as a property, we want to know that everyone has an ID, so that if an incident happens like theft, the police have something to go on to try and catch the culprits. It's important for us to have this feature, since we are trying to work more with the covid-19 situation by making it safer for guests and our staff to keep safe distancing from each other. Please can you make this mandatory?
Claudia M. commented
we see a huge issue with the actual setup in US as there are nearly no requirements on what the guest has to provide. Therefore we do not collect any information during online check in. This is not helpful in regards to guest profile quality. We need to be able to ask our guest what we believe is required. There I support this request highly. And as usual, quick would be good as well.
Margot Demmers commented
because we use an entrance gate on our holiday park we ask all guests for their license plates. It would be easy if you could add it to the online check-in, but until then we would like to add it to the registration form so that the guest can also add it neatly when filling in his/her details.