Multiple automatic settlement rules
Automatic settlement is a great tool for automating payment collection from guests, however it is not currently possible to apply more than one settlement rule. Properties may rather prefer to add several rules that work together for a custom payment scheme. For example, take 20% of payment upon creation, 30% one week before arrival, and the remaining 50% on the reservation start date.
Just do it already (pretty please with sugar on top).
*&^%$#@!Booking.com and their "charge vcc the night after arrival" is very annoying, a lot of manual work and creates waiting at checkout when it's forgotten or done incorrect.
Is this function is on your roadmap ? It would be a HUGE time saving for our teams...
Louise van Dongen commented
Bonjour, ça serait un temps incroyable de gagné. Ca serait génial d'intégrer cette fonctionnalité, ça nous éviterait de le faire manuellement.
Alexandre Fernandes commented
Cela serait très utile nous perdons beaucoup de temps tout les jours.
Car nos clients paie 50% à la réservation et 50% 7j avant l'arrivée.
Merci pour votre rapidité
We need to be able to choose which agent/channel this rules applies to, Here we have some virtual cards where it is only chargeable at check out or at the day of check in.
The guest receives an automatic notification of this, even though they have already paid.
Hans Ning commented
This is a MUST for North American properties.
When reservation is made, pre-auth a card for $1 to verify that the card works.
If the reservation is PREPAID, charge 100% of fees (though it would be nice to filter out what to charge).
When guests arrive, pre-auth $100/night or $100/stay or a percentage per night or per stay.
After Housekeeping verifies rooms, release pre-auth.
Sabrina Scacchetti commented
It would be helpful to be able to deselect the "apply cancellation fee" tick already present in Status, based on the benefit we chose to grant some guests (ex: return guest should not get pre-authorized; a VCC from a TA should only be charged or pre-authorized in case of no show, ...). Currently, this tickbox cannot change the group rate automation rule.
Linda Ohlson commented
This would save a lot of manual works, please add this feature!
Tobias Timmerer commented
Due to the corona event the rate category non refundable flexible seems to be a new trend.
to properly use this rate it would be necessary to automatically charge a reservation once a new price gets pushed through the channel manager. (aka. date gets changed)
we would also love to see a setting to NOT to charge/refund if the price gets lower as this is often a restriction for a non ref flex rate.
Andrew Nimmer commented
We need to be able to have Mews automatically charge the payment, and also automatically preauthorize a security deposit on the same credit card. Without this capability, we are not able to utilize Mews Kiosk or numerous automation features.
Thomas Guiset commented
Yes it would be very useful for me too ! We charge 30% at the time of booking and would like another rule charging the remaining 70% automatically 30 days before the arrival date.
Rye Laing commented
Our property allows 30% of the deposit to be charged at the time of the booking and seven days before the arrival 70% will be collected some of this feature comes into place this will be great.
Cindy de Miranda commented
For us, same thing: we have a holiday park with multiple rates with 50% downpayment at moment of booking and the remaining 50% due 42 days before arrival. At this moment we can not manage this with only 1 settlement rule
Claudia M. commented
additional to flexible rules it is important if we could change which products or services should be automatically charged or not. e.g. in some city its not allowed to charge city tax before departure, but if you un-select the product it would also not charge breakfast for example. it is important to have a choice which products or services should be affected for the automatic settlement.
I encounter the same issue. For instance, I have a release of 2 days on my flexible rates, after which, even though the same "flexible" rate is displayed, it has a non-refundable condition. So I would like to change the automatic charge to be 100% only for same-day arrivals. But at the moment, I cannot configure 2 different automatic charges on this flexible rate group.
It'd be great if this could be developed!
At the moment the staff has to manually charge same-day arrivals...
Mews Product Team commented
Improve the settlement when the booking is created later than the trigger should happen or add your ideas on how we can improve it.