Skip to content

Property Operations & PMS

Property Operations and PMS: this is the forum for posting your ideas and comments on all aspects of hotel operations, from reservations to events to metrics and reports. You'll find a category here for each of the major topics in property management, and if you can't find the right category, please search or post to the Other category. Where we can, we'll move ideas around to group them as intuitively as possible for the product managers working on the PMS.

Please keep in mind that there is a separate forum for topics specific to the operations of hotel chains and groups. Go to the Multi-property management forum for anything about portfolio management or rate, product, package and restriction functionality across multiple properties.

Property Operations & PMS

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

254 results found

1. After adding a product to an open bill, you should be able to edit the amount introduced in the bill instead of adding another line with the same product in negative. It is confusing for everyone, especially because the bill could have dozens of lines due to that fact.
    The same happens to Rebates. You should be able to rebate 1 item from a purchase of 5 units of the same item.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I love the search bar navigation. I use it to find almost all reports or settings even though I know where to find a lot of this stuff in the menus. It's still just faster to get places on the search bar. I also really love the shortcuts provided for the commonly used things.

I want there to be a shortcut that places my cursor on the search bar. It just makes sense to me that if you already have your hands on the keyboard and the next thing you are going to do is type a search, it would…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. At the time, I can only create a restriction for one rate or rate group at a time. I would have to create multiple restrictions to cove two rate codes. For example, I would like to create a 2-night minimum for my Airbnb rate (Travel Agent Group) & all my rates that flow off the best flex rate. So I have to create 2 different restrictions and keep up with changing both when I make changes.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. MEWS currently does not support allotment.
    For a property with a lot of allotments contracts in place throughout the year and some with release on different dates i.e 1 room on 2 days release, 3 rooms on 5 days release etc. this is not manageable through the current block feature as there can only be one release date. Hence, all allotments need to be entered as individual blocks (which could be a very large number rather than just one block covering the whole year), this is just not sustainable. The alternative is to enter bookings as optional with release dates…

191 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Mewsers! 

In this video, I am excited to introduce you to the next chapter of Group Management in Mews with Allotments.

Allotments is a combination of multiple features that allow for better contract management with travel agencies and corporate groups. I will highlight key elements, such as multiple release rules and pick-up distribution, which provide more flexibility and automation.

Watch this video to learn how these features can save time, increase revenue, and improve efficiency in managing group bookings.

We have received a large volume of feedback from properties who would like to learn more about this functional. If you would be interested in a session to cover this in more detail. Please do lest us know by responding to this post in the Mews Community.

Kind regards,

Aldair

5. Have the possibility to look up a reservation through the confirmation number.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  6. The German Translation of the "Availability & occupancy report" should be improved: The term "Stayovers" is currently translated to "Bleibende Gäste", which translates back to English as "staying customers" which is incorrect, because the row labeled includes only the room count, not the guest count.
    So correctly this row should be labeled as "Bleiber" or "Bleibende (Räume)" .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I have checked with our translation and localization team about this request, and they've confirmed that the relevant translation was improved in May 2024. Since the text isn't specific to [number of] rooms or guests and could refer to either or both, they've chosen to use "Bleibende Reservierungen" here.

Thank you for providing this feedback!

7. Since the new update a chat icon for mews support has been added in the left corner. With the computers in our hotel we can´t change resolutions which causes issues as the icon is blocking some of the tasks in reservation. Is there a possibilty to disable this icon per account or move it slightly?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello from the Mews product team!

We are pleased to let you know that the chat bubble no longer appears automatically, and will only show if there's an ongoing conversation happening. Please note the chat bubble disappears only after you finish your conversation with the digital assistant (by clicking on end chat). 

Thank you again for sharing your idea!

Ettore

8. When working with corporate customers, conferences or groups; the number of same items on a bill, make for very lengthy bills which are difficult to read and process. We would like to see that when there is more than one item of the same product, that these are added up.

For example, instead of 10 lines with 1 drink in each line. We want to see 1 line with 10 drinks and the total amount to be paid.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. On the Mailing tab it would be convenient to see a list of emails that have been sent from that reservation.

That way we can quickly ensure that Reservation Agents are not double sending emails and if the guest contacts us, we can quickly see what has been sent to them concerning that reservation.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Having an overview of how many bookings were placed under the company name or to check if a reservation is already made, it would be very useful to have a dashboard just like in a guest profile.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It would be useful to be able to name a scheduled report. E.g. you may have multiple reports on the 1st of the month and it would be great if you could name the exports, such as "KPI report", "Operations report", etc, so they're easy to distinguish and identify.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Sami,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It is currently possible to name scheduled reports.

You can do this by selecting an export schedule and updating the name under the Export schedule section. For more information please visit this guide.

Kind regards,

Aldair

12. Currently when you click "Assign bill to company", you have to search for the company, even if it is already listed under the customer profile. It would be useful to have - as well as the search function - the customer's company automatically added to the pop-up so you don't have to search for it.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. can we avoid manual work i.e. putting names / creating profiles when we receive rooming list for groups ?
    Anyway for Mews to read and process rooming list in Excel or Word form ?
    Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Mews currently supports a rooming list in Excel format that enables you to add guests details to a file and upload them to Mews.

You can learn more about the rooming list in the guide and below, the guide also contains a video on how to use the feature.

https://help.mews.com/s/article/manage-group-reservations-with-a-rooming-list?language=en_US

Should you have any questions, please contact our support team.

14. If a guest arrives but their room is not ready, could we possibly have a flag or change of colour to show that they're waiting for their room. This way when the room is ready we can let the guest know asap.

77 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Be able to add address or company's name if we make a mistake after closing the bill. The current SOP in place for this is not efficient and too complicated.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

We have now released the ability to change the address on a closed bill or invoice, where credit note will be issued to balance out the original invoice and new bill/invoice will be issued with corrected address.

16. We look for a report which lists reservations, that were checked-out with unbalanced bills.
    Few days ago, we checked-out a group, but forgot to issue the invoice the very same day and only realized this now. To make sure this has not happened before, we want to search for reservations, that are in the past but not paid or invoiced yet.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi, thank you for your vote for this suggestion. In fact, this is already possible to see within Mews.

Please navigate to the "Guests in house" report, which is available on the homepage dashboard, in the upper right corner under "Customers".

Ensure that under Status, "Checked out" is selected, and that under Display options, "Balance" is selected. By selected your date range you should be able to view reservations which have been checked out but still have open balances remaining.

17. add rolling releases to availability blocks so FIT allotments can be managed, e.g. 7 days prior to arrival.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  18. Availability Blocks no longer copy rates from the BAR, even if setup to do so. Instead these load Base Rate with weights.

This old school way of Groups pricing is no longer viable for properties with advanced RMS where each room is being priced fully dynamically and independently.

Please bring back that functionality to this absolutely great feature. Since the availability blocks were introduced, our Groups managers cut hours spent on having to manually process each quotation. But without this pricing in there, the tool became useless, unfortunately.

Thank you.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When using "add another reservation" it should be possible to change guest/customer name. Instead of adding rooms for same person

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

Hello Agnes,

Thank you for sharing your request with us. It is currently possible to add a new guest profile when adding another reservation to an existing group.

In order to do this, you can click on the  add another reservation button > Mews will pre-fill the date range and open the second step of the new reservation screen > In the customer section select the "X" to remove the current profile that has been pre-filled and add the name of the new customer you would like to add. This will create a new reservation with the name of the new customer to your group.

Should you have any issues, please contact our customer care team.

20. Availability block report there are two statuses: optional & Confirmed. I would request that you can also have a cancelled state aswell. That way you can have a overview of all cancelled blocks, statistics regarding which blocks were picked up and easier communication within the hotel and the booker.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?