Expand Webhook functionality to match current Websocket options
Currently, an integration partner can listen to Websocket notifications to receive real time updates on reservations, command, and space events.
It would be nice to match this in the Webhook options
Martijn Zijlstra commented
Any update on this?
We currently poll the getAllReservations every minute for about 70 hotels since we can not use websockets.
Getting Reservations mutations to our webhook would benefit us both greatly.
Please let me know when Reservation events will be available.
We need at least an UpdatedUTC time filter to be able to retrieve all new or updated accounting items. This way we can perform the query "give us all accounting items that were created or updated since the last time we asked".
This will lower bandwidth and resource usage on both sides, since we don't need to ask "give us all accounting items" each time...
Mihail Sotirov commented
I saw that you have already added a general message to the webhooks and there's an event type 'ServiceOrder' and ServiceOrders entities which may contain a collection of reservations => https://mews-systems.gitbook.io/connector-api/webhooks#entities
Does this mean that the vendors already may receive events for reservation modifications through webhooks?
There are a lot of issues arising from the fact that we do not have the dates an accounting item or bill is created and updated.
We would like to maintain a snapshot of the accounting items and bills dataset for a 4 year period (2 years past, 2 years future). We would like this to be as "synced" as possible. We are doing this by making an API call for all accounting items every hour. The reason we have to be pulling the entire dataset is because a deletion of an accounting item is possible. d
1) We have a lot more data than your average customer, ie we currently have 35 properties in a single integration
2) The API call limit is 2000 per integration per 15 minutes, no matter how many properties a client has in MEWS
3) The maximum time period of each accounting items call is 3 months
It subsequently means that for a single data sync of accounting items, we need to make:
16 calls per property (a period of 4 years) x 35 properties = 560 calls
Please note that accounting items is not the only dataset we would like to have a synced database table for. And therefore, we regularly receive empty responses due to exceeded API call limits.
Could we please suggest
1) Either tailoring your API call limits to the size of datasets of your clients instead of a global API call limit for all
2) Addition of CreatedUtc and UpdatedUtc fields for the AccountingItems and Bills so they can be utilized as filters in an API call (ie grab the AccountingItems/Bills updated the last hour) and drop the number of API calls needed every hour from 16 per property to 1 per property. A similar process is already available in Reservations using the CreatedUtc/UpdatedUtc filters.