Add an endpoint for updating availability blocks
Connector API does not have an endpoint for updating an availability block. There are only endpoints for creating (availabilityBlocks/add), deleting (availabilityBlocks/delete) and updating its service availability (services/updateAvailability).
Some reasonable use cases for updating an availability block would be:
1) Block created for 5 days. After some time the sales person needs to extend the block with, let's say, one day pre and two days post, so the block becomes 8 days long.
2) Update the release date of the block.
3) Update the booking notes with some special instructions which has been assigned later.
4) Update the block's name (in case of typo or whatever reason).
These are some of the scenarios where the block itself needs to be modified. The scenarios are very common in all property management systems which manage group blocks.
A workaround like deleting the block and re-creating it with the new data wouldn't work for several reasons:
- Already linked blocks may be sent again and mess up the hotel's general availability.
- If the block has active reservations, it can't be deleted. So, to do, let's say, a simple modification of the release date, the vendor must cancel all reservations, then the block, then to create them back as fresh block and reservations in order to simply change the cutoff date.
- Potential reporting mismatches.
Hello from the Mews product team. We are so pleased to let you know that your feature request has been released. Please check out our documentation – https://mews-systems.gitbook.io/connector-api/operations/services#update-availability-blocks Thank you again for sharing your idea!