Mews Payments

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. SOFORT is a common payment method that arranges the transaction between you and your customer. Very popular in Germany, but also in other countries across Europe. Let us know if you're interested in having this payment method directly integrated into Mews Payments.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Payment Methods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow guests to spread payments using ClearPay & Klarna when making bookings via the distributor.

Millions of people in the UK alone use ClearPay & Klarna to spread payments over a number of months.

It would make Mews seem on-trend with consumer trends.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Currently, if hotels have to change Bank Accounts for their payouts, they need to go through a lengthy process with Support to get this done. If the option is available in Mews directly, we could do it with one click. Of course only finance or admins should have this permission.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

idea to upvote  ·  0 comments  ·  Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Visible internal notes/tasks inside guests folio billing. So much wasted space. All that space can be used for notes or tasks. Me, personally, i live in billing and i am always there, if you ask me, its the most used window. So i would really love this idea come true. So that all internal notes or tasks about this reservation can be viewed inside billing. Just an idea which i would personally find very useful. Or at least something where we can leave the notes for our colleagues.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. For Mews terminal it would be nice to have the customer receipt data for successful payment printed on customer invoice.
    This could be useful as we would not have to staple the terminal statement to the bill anymore.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be great to set up other kind of external payments like TWINT or any other type that would be useful for the single properties for their statistics and checks.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

idea to upvote  ·  0 comments  ·  Payment Methods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. We would like to send a payment confirmation like the ones that are send when a guest paid with their creditcard. Because we also get external payments via our own website with ideal, sofort, wire transfer etc. These guests want to know if their payment has been recieved aswell.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for the idea!

Currently, it’s not possible to send a payment request for alternative payment methods. However, we would like to hear more about which payment methods do you miss from our payment requests feature. We are currently working on the development of alternative payment methods, and it will be very helpful to hear your interest.

Many thanks!
    Jovana

8. When a booking is made we would like to link it to the reservation the guest made the payment for. Now if a guest makes more bookings we can not see which bookings are paid yet. we can only see what the total amount is

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I need a report that shows me the cash payments in a day and what the items they were charged against

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. have the possibility to create custom type of payment.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

idea to upvote  ·  0 comments  ·  Payment Methods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. We welcome guest that stay more than a week inside our properties. Preauthorizations get cancelled automatically after 7 days which creates an issue for us, in case of broken furnitures in the property or unpaid bills. For this purpose we should be able to create preauthorizations of more than 7 days.

64 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the feedback.

The reason for us holding the 7 days preauthorization is because the usual time frame for holding a pre-authorization before either capture or releasing of the funds can range between 7-14 days from time of processing the pre-auth. Also, the time the pre-authorization is held prior to capture is up to the issuing bank to determine and it’s at the total discretion of the issuing bank, unfortunately.

But I am moving the feedback to the level of the “idea to upvote” and keeping it open for any additional upvote, discussion, or add on you might have!

Many thanks,
    Jovana

12. Please develop auto-fill totals for creating pre-authorizations. Right now, if a guest was to extend or modify their reservation in any way, Mews requires you to literally use a calculator to add up the current authorization(s) and subtract it from what is the new total. This get's really messy when these changes happen multiple times. Having that amount needed field auto-filled would be more accurate, and time effective.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When there is a VCC and guest's credit card on the booking, the accommodation payment that should be charged back to the VCC always seems to be charging the guest's credit card. To be able to assign different credit cards to different payments, or at least just VCC's would avoid a lot of overcharging of guests.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi everyone,

I’d like to hear more feedback on this one. Please post a comment of what problem you’re facing with charging VCCs and if you think that will be useful for you and your team.

Thanks,
    Jovana

14. When there's a failed automatic settlement, a task is put into MEWS. I would like different options just than a task, so I could for example also be notified by email. Also, I would like to change the settings for the desk (adjust the deadline and department for example)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Operations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. I'd like to see the balance on the payment window. Include on "Amount" the default payment amount that could be modify if you're not charging the total amount at one time.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Slowly the Chinese market is getting bigger and bigger for Dutch hotels. Not only in Amsterdam, but everywhere in the Netherlands. The most used payment solution are Wechatpay and Alipay. This will bring a great improvement in the guest experience.

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. There is no way to change the status of the Credit card payments though the terminal. For Accounting and controlling reason it is necessairy to manually change the status to settled, such as payments by merchant.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback team! I’ve moved this idea to “idea to upvote”.

In the meantime, what can solve this problem is using our recently launched product – Mews Terminal. This terminal is directly integrated with Mews Merchant, which indicates that all payments will be shown in the correct payment status and you won’t have a problem with its reconciliation.

You can take a closer look at its functionality on our webpage https://www.mews.com/products/terminals

Sincerely,
    Jovana

18. Please add MobilePay as an external payment in Accounting Configuration, as it is frequently used for payment via mobile phone in Denmark.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add additional External Payment Options:

Loyalty Card and Gift Card for Chain Hotels

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a section to specify third party name on the card used for payment. Having several cards registered to the guest makes it quite difficult to know which company is paying for the stay. Many thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Looking for more feedback from all of you! Why would this feature be helpful for you, use-cases are the best tool for us :) Thanks!

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?